Skills: Mechanical Technician, Workshop
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of the Shop Helper is to perform onshore pre-job, maintenance and post-job tasks on all ROV and client owned equipment. No offshore activities will be performed in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist all technicians as required in the Shop / Yard.
- Perform pre-job, maintenance and post-job on all equipment used on projects.
- Chip, grind and paint equipment.
- Load, unload and move equipment as required.
- Assist with the disassembly, inspection, reassembly, and testing of equipment.
- Troubleshoot, identify, repair, or replace defective parts.
- Attend training sessions and maintain credentials as needed.
- Pressure wash, clean, and put away all equipment that is used on the jobs.
- Maintain housekeeping in the work area. Ensure shop and yard are cleaned up, tools and equipment are put away, trash cans are emptied, etc.
- Work in a team environment in the shop and yard.
- Assist crane operator in loading and unloading of all equipment, maintaining general inventories and upkeep of spares kits.
- Other duties as required.
- Familiarity with of computer basics, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Understanding of hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Experience in an industrial and shop environment.
- Knowledge of subsea tree control and water/glycol hydraulic control systems.
- Technical school education.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
- This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOORS WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable.
- Constant exposure to dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.