Baker Hughes is hiring an HSE Specialist with Environmental focus based in Pasadena, Texas.Essential Responsibilities:
- Oversee specific aspects of health, safety and environmental programs to maintain full compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as internal and external business requirements and driving continuous improvement
- Prepare and maintain regulatory required plans and procedures, including but not limited to: SPCC, SWPPP, NPDES, RMP, HAZCOM, Chemical Hygiene, Waste Management Minimization, State and federal regulatory agency reporting.
- Manage permit compliance
- Preparing regulatory agency reports such as but not limited to EIQ, TRI, NOX, SOX, TIER II, Title V, etc.
- Influence and mentor facility leadership toward the strengthening of an Interdependent HSE Culture
- Develop, prepare and present regular updates to facility leadership on key HSE performance indicators
- Facilitate or lead incident investigations as well as the development and assessment of corrective and preventative actions
- Analyze incident and near miss trends to identify emerging issues and recommend corrective actions
- Perform self-assessments and audits to assure conformance with BH HSE management system
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to coordinate essential regulatory and internal training requirements
- Provides training, support and technical assistance to field staff
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials
- Willing to perform HSE cross functions such as employee health programs including chemical risk assessment, respiratory protection, ergonomics and hearing protection
- Bachelor's degree in health and safety environmental science, environmental science, or other relevant field and 3+ years, of relevant work experience is required;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to effectively interact with site management and field operations personnel
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills
- Thorough understanding of State and Federal environmental regulations and regulatory processes
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and implement Environmental regulations, standards, and best practices
- Expertise in air permits and regulatory reporting such as TRI, EIQ, TIER II, etc.
- Experience in root cause investigation techniques
- Proficient computer skills
- Professional designation as a CSP, CIH, CHMM, CES
- ISO 14001 Certified auditor
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing / industrial environment roles
- Good communications skills, great attitude, ability to be a team leader under challenging conditions, and ability to manage multiple tasks
- A positive self-motivator with a passion for the Health Safety & Environmental profession
- Expertise in Emergency Response, Fire and Rescue
- Expertise with waste management to include waste characterization, waste profiling, and waste minimization.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more