Job Description Purpose:
The Reservoir Engineer
will be a member of the Shell Brazil One Development Team, a multi-disciplinary matrix organization that creates, maintains and executes the surveillance and development plans of Shell Brazil Operated (SOV) and Non-Operated (NOV) assets.
- Provide production forecasting, appropriate modeling (material balance, decline curve analysis, numerical simulation modeling, PVT modeling, and integrated production system modeling), pressure transient analysis/productivity analysis to help maximize well/reservoir performance and drive fully integrated decisions and management of the assets
- As a technical contributor, provide timely and assured high confidence-probable-possible production forecasts for business planning and reserves processes, that reflect the technical, economic and operational risks and opportunities.
- Take on the coordinator and/or project leadership roles in for reserves reporting, business planning, Integrated Reservoir Modelling, and Well Delivery processes.
- Coaching of less experienced reservoir engineers (and production technologists) in the above techniques and tools, as well as integration aspects of reservoir engineering, will be key accountability for a Senior Reservoir Engineer.
- Contribute to and lead multi-disciplinary reservoir modeling studies and field development planning exercises to support the identification of new development opportunities
- For waterflooded reservoirs, provide monitoring of waterflood performance, incl 4D History Matching, and regular reporting of key waterflood KPIs. Share and adopt learnings from the Sell Global Deepwater Waterflood Network.
- Support the Deepwater Well Delivery Process (DWDP) by providing reservoir engineering inputs to well design, drilling operations and well unloading.
- Justify and lead proposals for capital project opportunities.
- Support Wells, Reservoir, and Facilities Management (WRFM) by working collaboratively with surveillance and operations staff to ensure seamless transfer of knowledge, understanding, data, and needs between surveillance and development focused 'natural teams'.
- Provide Reservoir Engineering analyses as required for Joint Venture (JV) partner engagements. Be prepared to defend Shell's position while always protecting Shell's position as a partner of choice and prudent operator.
- As a member of the Shell Brazil Deepwater One Development Team, the successful candidate will be expected to flexibly support Non-Operated Assets (NOV), Operated Assets (WRFM & Development) and potentially coordinate R&D projects undertaken in Brazil, while balancing personal development needs and bottom-line impact/urgency.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with external stakeholders, JV partners, and government regulatory agencies.
- Strong documentation and verbal communication skills
- Identification and implementation of best practices and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Be a committed and dedicated coach of younger staff - the future of the Shell Brazil Deepwater business is reliant on developing the next generation of technical contributors and leaders who will shepherd the investments Shell is making in Brazil DW
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market. Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future. We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- BS Degree in a technical field with a minimum of 6 years of reservoir engineering experience or closely related
- PhD will be considered as 3 years of experience
- Demonstrable and verifiable mentoring or coaching ability.
- Evident skills in advanced subsurface modeling, reservoir simulation, material balance, integrated production system modeling, pressure transient analysis, PVT and general forecasting principles is a must.
- Deep understanding of Field Development Planning, Integrated Reservoir Modelling and Project Maturation is highly advantageous.
- Experience in managing Waterflood is advantageous
- Knowledge in business planning activities and general reserves reporting processes
- Familiarity with HSSE aspects in major projects and Deepwater environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well in a diverse, multidisciplinary and virtual team environment
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.