Perform all aspects necessary for the machining processes used in the manufacturing of Turbine Engine components. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all manual and/or CNC machines to perform completely and independently specific operations as outline in the methods and process sheets with minimal supervision.
- Have complete knowledge of the machinability of metals.
- Ability to perform standard setups and operate multiple pieces of equipment when required.
- Change, set and adjust tools as required.
- Required to set up
- Load and delete programs in the machine.
- Ability to read programs.
- Make minor adjustments of feeds and speeds on the assigned machine.
- Check parts using specified gages or hand tools/precision measuring instruments or by using furnished fixtures to see that dimensions are being maintained.
- Ability to troubleshoot causes of deviations.
- Report improper machine function and/or check parts not being held to proper dimensions.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform above requirements in a safe, productive and quality conscious manner.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA; use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the employer required be worn; report to his/her supervisor the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is aware and which may endanger himself or another worker; and report to his supervisor, the existence of any hazard of which he knows.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to perform first piece inspection, off-sets and tool changes.
- Experience machining parts with close tolerances and other aerospace-type requirements.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of feeds and speeds and cutting tools and their application.
- Capable of producing quality and quantity of work in accordance with requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two to five (2-5) years related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.