Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kenedy, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Meter Prover Technician for the Eagleford Region in Texas.This is a technical position involving liquid pipeline measurement. The Meter Prover Technician will be responsible for mobile meter proving and to improve measurement performance and predictability. The Meter Prover technician will work closely with pipeline field operations, supervisors of operations, and other personnel involved in pipeline operations. This is a safety sensitive position that follows DOT PHMSA guidelines.
- Follow all company filed safety procedures and protocols
- Perform meter proving tasks on Coriolis, P.D., and Turbine meters
- Audit and evaluate measurement practices of third party custody transfer location for compliance
- Ensure measurement and quality control practices are in compliance pertaining to custody measurement, device calibrations, and product quality assurance
- Ensure prover calibrations and meter proves are conducted according to procedure and other contractual obligations on the SCADA system
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and other employees
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Measurement training with 2-4 years of oil field related experience preferred.
- Some overnight travel possible
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and fitness test and subject to random drug testing.
- Must be capable of physical duties in an outdoor environment - Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- Strong working knowledge of API Standards and RP's related to meter proving, volume correction, meter and tank measurement, and crude oil custody transfer: sampling, centrifuge operation, density and temperature obtained via hydrometer, and ticket writing.
- Proficient in MS Office for data analysis, reporting, and document writing.
- Proficient in Flow-Cal/Prove It Software.
- Proficient at operating bi-directional ball and small& Large volume meter prover.
- Ability to follow specific step by step instructions, standard procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Ability to work effectively without supervisory guidance
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.