Abingdon, United Kingdom
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abingdon, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our data science team, which is delivering innovative analytics solutions for subsurface interpretation. You will help the team develop scalable production pipelines for a number of exciting deliverables.
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of analytical expertise, computational science skills and software engineering experience, together with good communication skills. You will have experience of applying machine-learning and data science solutions at scale.
Essential skills / experience:
- Computer Science, Engineering or related degree (preferably post-graduate).
- Good understanding of machine learning and deep learning
- Experience of software engineering and a strong understanding of microservices.
- Experience working with large volumes of unstructured data;
- A professional attitude (a versatile self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team as required; ability to meet deadlines; ability to present ideas to others).
Desirable skills / experience:
- Resource industry experience.
- Commercial experience of successfully deploying, maintaining and productising machine learning solutions.
- Experience building microservices using Docker and deploying them on Kubernetes.
- Experience building APIs.
- Experience developing scalable cloud applications.
- Experience using cloud computing services, including AWS and Azure.
- Experience in distributed computing frameworks such as Apache Spark and Dask.
- Software development experience in Python and compiled languages such as C++, Java or Scala.
- Experience designing a feedback pipeline for re-training machine learning models.
- Good knowledge of different data repositories and their use cases (relational, NoSQL, key-value, document)
- Developing, executing and refining data science solutions to assist in the analysis and interpretation of geoscientific data.
- Support the adherence to standards and quality.
- Working with the software development team to support large-scale data preparation, the optimization of analytics solutions and scaling analytics solutions in production.
- Adapting standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments(e.g. distributed clusters, GPU)
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
97 Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RW, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 79087
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.