NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base. Our client is currently seeking a Senior Drill and Blast Engineer.
The Senior Drill and Blast Engineer is part of the Engineering department and collaborate with other departments. She/he will perform good engineering practices in terms of leading and furthering development of drill & blast program. The incumbent will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved, while promoting and respecting the company's culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Lead drill and blast optimization including fragmentation studies, drill bit analysis, productivity analysis , caved holes, and misfire root cause analysis
- Optimize drill, loading, and tie in
- Ensure compliance with environmental stewardship programs and work with the Environmental department to optimize drill and blast design;
- Complete drill and blast monthly forecast and annual budget;
- Liaise with other departments to create drill and blast schedule and pattern layout
- Provide mentorship, experience expertise, technical guidance, and training for personnel working with drilling and blasting activities;
- College's degree in Mine or Geological Engineering;
- 7-10 years' experience within drilling and blasting;
- Strong understanding of drilling ad blasting operational practices;
- Professional Engineering registration or equivalent
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.