Job Description What's the role?
Our downstream manufacturing site at Pernis, Rotterdam is a joint oil refinery and chemicals manufacturing site. It produces a broad range of products that are used for various everyday products from paints to petrol.
Pernis has its own distribution system and power generation of approximately 200 megawatts. Power is distributed over the site on voltage levels of 66kV, 25kV, 11kV, 6kV, 3kV and low voltage. All kinds of electrical equipment can be found, e.g. HV and LV motors, HV and LV VSDS systems, UPS systems, generators, HV and LV switchgear. There is a large and complex project scope to replace aged equipment, add new plant equipment and to make improvements to the existing plant.
And that's why we need you: a hands-on electrical maintenance engineer to join our team. Several positions are available.What will you do?
Our Pernis site is a great place for engineers who want to deepen and widen their technical skills. You'll join the team to give us your expertise on technical maintenance, project support, and assurance across the site (seven Refinery and two Chemicals production units at Pernis and Europoort). You'll be the maintenance engineer for several production units, responsible for the assurance and support of these production units.
Here are some of the things you'll do in the role:
- You'll act as a senior authorised electrical person on site
- You'll collaborate closely with external partners like contractors, engineering contractors, and vendors. You'll help to manage the performance and quality standards of these external parties
- Help carry out the initial site surveys and costings. You'll put together cost estimates, assess what equipment is needed and which partners or suppliers might be required. You'll also complete the appropriate benchmarking of costs
- You'll help to initiate electrical project proposals and move them forward to approval
- You'll provide assurance on commissioning of electrical equipment (both Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test)
- You'll contribute to up-to-date plans and asset strategies for electrical systems, and develop and maintain electrical standards
- Stay up to date with technological developments to help us get the most out of our resources.
You'll provide technical advice in respect of maintenance repairs, overhauls, and failure diagnosis Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements What we need from you
You'll be a qualified electrical engineer and you'll be the self-starting and hands-on type. You'll have a great mix of analytical and communications skills. And you'll be able to influence others and convey your technical expertise to a wide audience that may not have a technical background.
What we offer you:
- Have a Bachelor or Master's degree in electrical engineering
- You are an experienced Maintenance Engineer with more than 10 years' experience with in-depth technical knowledge
- Have solid experience in a similar industrial environment or in utilities, specifically on engineering support of plant and/or distribution installations
- Enjoy building deep and successful working relationships in project teams
- Love a technical challenge. You'll like to work on a variety of different systems and 'figuring it out'
- Be able to demonstrate your experience in troubleshooting and incident investigations
- At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel
- Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach
- Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network. People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.