Skills: Technical Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Great Yarmouth, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking for a Principal Technical Safety Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Great Yarmouth on a contract basis.
You will join the Technical Safety discipline which comprises of specialists in all aspects of technical safety engineering including Safety Studies, Loss Prevention (firewater and F&G), Noise, Human Factors and Environmental studies. You will be part of a team providing specialist support to all Worley projects from concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Working hand-in-hand with engineers across our other disciplines to ensure that effective risk management is a key feature of every project throughout the lifecycle. The technical safety team are responsible for identifying, assessing and managing risks associated with a project to ensure a safe design and successful project delivery.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Supervision of discipline personnel.
- Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation.
- Review design documentation as required to ensure design and operations are consistent with ALARP.
- Provide technical assistance to Business Development strategies, proposals and tendering activities and marketing.
- Develop and enhance processes and systems for wider use in the discipline.
- Conduct design reviews, PUWER reviews, HAZID's, and arrange HAZOP's and ENVID's.
- Delivering quality, cost effective and timely engineering services in a demanding environment of change, short interval planning and conflicting priorities.
- Attend project Kick-off, Engineering and project progress meetings as the Technical Safety function representative.
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution.
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and wide ranging expertise.
- Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
- Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Highly experienced in quality control/safety/environmental methods and quality assurance/safety/environmental procedures for engineering.
- Experienced/competent in leading, supervising and the organisation of a medium/large sized single discipline team within a project.