Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Payroll Representative located in San Ramon, CA California/United States through September 20, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # 406543
The Payroll Operations group, which has payroll responsibility for approximately 30,000 U.S. dollar-paid employees, is a fast-paced working environment with strict payroll deadlines. The Payroll Representative's primary responsibilities are to ensure the timely and accurate processing of payments/W-2 statements to employees as well as provide daily payroll support to customers with paycheck-related problems/issues. The position deals with highly sensitive employee information and therefore requires strict adherence to Policy 575 (Information Protection) and Policy 580 (Data Privacy) guidelines.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Uses independent judgment to research and respond to inquiries received from Time Administrators, HR and employees. Provides guidance and explanations on time coding, disability, legal garnishments, final pay calculations, etc.
- Provides counsel to customers on the interpretation of Company policy (e.g. relocation), FLSA or state labor law regulations, union contract stipulations, etc.
- Provides coaching to TA's on timecoding recommendations and updating time coding adjustments into HR SAP, coaches employees with SAP Employee Self-Service (ESS) tools and practices.
- Reviews, and accurately and timely calculates and codes vacation payoff payments for terminating or retiring employees included on the final paycheck.
- Analyzes disability and workers' compensation cases and applies sound understanding of federal / state disability laws to calculate and determine proper disability adjustments to employees.
- Audits, reviews and reconciles post-payroll audit reports for discrepancies and errors. Identifies and corrects errors, as necessary.
- Analyzes and resolves W2 inquiries from employees and corrects employee taxable wages for W-2 processing.
- Updates source documents received from employees and business partner's authorizing various payroll deductions and/or payments, into HR SAP.
- Understands and supports the work group's goals, business plan and service level agreements.
- Sets and prioritizes daily work responsibilities, as appropriate, to ensure that Payroll Processing is meeting business and legal requirements.
- Participates in special projects (e.g. HR SAP system enhancements and upgrade testing, Business Continuity planning/execution, HR benefit changes etc.)
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with various levels of customers; managers and peers.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple tasks while working with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional teamwork and customer focus.
- Analytical Skills; demonstrated ability to perform accurate and timely analysis of data with attention to details.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- Intermediate MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP is beneficial, preferably SAP PCH.
- Minimum of one year of previous payroll processing experience.
- Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
- Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.