Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Technical Support Engineer - Upstream Chemicals in Midland, TX.
- Enforce Health, Safety, and Environmental goals of Baker Hughes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Support standard operating processes and procedures within technical and analytical services.
- Travel to field locations to evaluate chemical programs and collaborated with production companies on issues related to flow assurance, integrity management, and production optimization to protect their oil and gas assets.
- Write technical recommendations for existing and future business.
- Present recommendations to customers to satisfy multiple levels within the organization including field personnel, operations, engineering, and executive leadership.
- Participate in customer failure review meetings analyzing tubing scans, rod load data, pump curves, pump-part failure rates, and trending water chemistry with production, review bacteria analytics, and determining failure root cause.
- Order analytical analysis and product performance testing based on customer requirements.
- Perform computer based modelling and simulations related to oil and gas systems.
- High School Diploma
- Comprehensive, specialized technical knowledge of company's products and services for area of responsibility and general knowledge of products and services of other business
- Proficient in MS Office with an emphasis on Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Chemistry and or 5 years chemical technical support experience