Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our Client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Supply Chain Analyst for a 1 year contract in Calgary, AB.
This position plays a central role in working collaboratively with project engineers, project managers, business unit leaders and the Supply Chain Management team to ensure that service contracts are managed and competitively sourced where applicable to meet operational and project requirements for the renewable energy business unit. Using standardized contract templates the Specialist will create and negotiate service contracts to support wind farm and solar power installations in Canada and the US.
Preparation and negotiation of service contracts to support our renewable energy facilities located in Canada and the US.
• Work collaboratively with the SCM Power Operations Business Partner and the Power Operations Business Unit to meet contracting requirements that support day to day operations.
• Manage a portfolio of contracts including looking for opportunities to consolidate spend across geographies, set up new contracts and amend existing ones.
• Execute the full sourcing activity after receiving a request.
• Lead cross-functional teams through sourcing development, proposal solicitation (RFX), evaluation (bid tab), facilitation of technical/commercial clarifications, negotiation and contract execution processes.
• Accountable for forecasting required contracts and purchase orders.
• Responsible for planning, reporting, and communicating on SCM activities.
• Contributes to appropriate risk mitigation plans and processes for the assigned sourcing category
• Ensures compliance with SCM and enterprise governance requirements.
• Collaborates with, and seeks expertise of, other SCM departments (Supply Service Center, Governance, Quality, and Expediting) in order to meet deliverables and expectations.
• Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) for Business Unit specific service suppliers:
• Support SRM activities through the relationship lifecycle including segmentation, governance, performance management, value engineering, etc.;
• Support supplier discussions related to negotiations or issues pertaining to the contract terms; and Partner with suppliers to identify and develop opportunities to increase value to the Business Unit
Responsible for optimizing Business Unit spend and leveraging SCM processes, policies and tools with the objective of creating positive financial impact (i.e. cost savings/cost avoidance).
This position is a senior qualified individual contributor who performs responsibilities independently with minimal direction and has broad business and technical knowledge to identify business opportunities and solve problems. Strong contract formation skills, contract drafting and negotiations skills are required.
Contacts (Working Relationships)
• Leads cross-functional teams consisting of technical Business Unit SMEs, SCM department, Law, Finance (AP) and other stakeholders, as required, in the development and implementation of sourcing strategies and final contracts to support BU service spend
• Required to communicate commercial and contractual issues to BU
• Negotiates with and influences internal and external stakeholders
• Direct Reports (if any): N/A
• Indirect Reports (if any): may oversee multi-disciplinary sourcing teams
• Dotted Line Reports (if any): N/A
• Typical office environment
• Minimum travel required e.g. to other Enbridge offices
• University degree in Business or Engineering
• A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in the SCM field
• Proven communication (oral and written), strong interpersonal, and presentation skills, with influencing and persuasive talents
• A proven ability to lead teams
• Experience negotiating complex commercial agreements including strong contract drafting skills
• In depth knowledge of RFx development and execution, contraction preparation and contract management
• Ability to perform objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a decision
• Ability to monitor and manage supplier relationships and performance with minimal supervision
• Experience with ERP systems for PO creation. Specifically SAP, Oracle or both SAP and Oracle
• A postgraduate qualification or MBA
• Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) / Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation or equivalent is an asset
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.