Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Pipeline Engineering, Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
UniversalPegasus is seeking a Project Engineer with onshore pipeline experience to work in Houston, Texas on a full time basis.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting Project Manager with project development, execution and completion, project safety, and technical project responsibility, providing direction to resources and project teams, significant design and design review responsibilities, engineering calculations, report writing and field investigations
- Selects and applies engineering principles and concepts in field of specialization with advanced working knowledge of other related disciplines
- Provides input to the Project Execution Plan
- Responsible for developing design basis and design basis memorandum
- Responsibilities include assisting in the coordination of project teams in support of Project Managers
- Assist Project Manager with monitoring compliance of the projects within the defined scope of work, implementation of a quality plan, and adherence to budgets and schedules for the assigned project
- Responsible for providing the required design data to the project team and maintaining a schedule of deliverable dates
- Responsible for implementing corporate project safety protocols and for scheduling mandatory safety meetings with the project team
- Responsible for assisting Project Manager with ensuring completeness of internal review packages and client submittals, the administration of project setups, invoice review, time entry approvals, and project rate sheets
- Frequently interacts with clients and subcontractors
- Pipeline routing, alignment sheet development, HDD design, road crossings, launchers/receivers, valve sites, temporary work space, plats/sketches/deeds, non-environmental permitting, hydrostatic tests, etc.
- Good knowledge of DOT 192 (ASME B31.8), 195 (ASME B31.4), and applicable API codes
- Pipeline construction knowledge,
- Take ownership of and manage scope, cost, and schedule.
- Prepare cost estimates and schedules (EPC) for pipeline projects
- Must be able to work on a Project Team
- Familiarity with CAD Mapping, GIS Mapping, and/or MicroStation a plus but not required
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Ten to Twelve years of relevant industry experience
- PE license is preferred but not required
- PMP a plus but not required
Special Qualifications (Training, skills, etc.)
- Must be a self starter with a high motivation level
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Must be able to multi-task and handle special projects
Benefits:The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance and educational assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Veterans and disabled are welcome.