Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer - Wellbore Construction supporting Completions in Houston, TX. The purpose of the Mechanical Design Engineer is to assist the Wellbore Construction group in the development of new products, provide support for the existing products, and respond to operations/customer feasibility work.Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completion of component and product design within time, financial and technical guidelines established with the detailed assistance and approval of supervisor.
- Perform component and system analysis, identifying stress levels, design solutions, and technical risk.
- Construct or direct the construction of layouts, designs and present "best choice" recommendations to supervisor.
- Direct the completion of manufacturing drawings and working layouts for product designs.
- Conduct detailed product design reviews for new developments or as assigned
- Design qualification testing fixtures and compose detailed test procedures.
- Conduct and assist in the assembly and lab testing of prototypes.
- Conduct field evaluation of new products and provide support as necessary for new and existing products.
- Draft technical manual documentation of new products with review and approval of supervisor.
- Improve product knowledge through increased familiarization with technical and service manuals and hands on experience.
- Provide basic technical assistance to worldwide field operations and plant personnel.
- Assist in project planning, creating development time and cost estimates.
- Initiate purchase requisitions and part manufacture work requests.
- Disposition reject tags after sufficient experience gained, as determined by supervisor.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years mechanical design experience
- Good individual communication skills and good problem solving ability
- Should possess good 2D & 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks preferred)
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to work "hands on" in a test lab facility
- Ability to prepare project plans, cost and time estimates to complete a project
- Ability to prepare technical reports and present results
- The successful candidate must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Ability to travel to remote field locations and work under less than ideal environmental conditions occasionally.
- 5+ years mechanical design experience
- Completions or Wellbore Construction experience
- Knowledge of pipe connections and mechanical properties
- Experience in the design of down hole oil field equipment strongly preferred
- Understanding of basic oilfield practices and applications
- Ability to conduct dynamic FEA analysis (Abaqus preferred)
- Exhibits good presentation skills, with emphasis on technical content
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Houston, TX 77040
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more