This position will be responsible to work at the Mont Belvieu Complex as a Rotating Equipment Technician. Responsible for the safe installation, maintenance and proper function of rotating equipment. Technician will be required to safely perform structured preventative maintenance [PM] and corrective maintenance [CM] assignments using written job plans and procedures. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain Pumps, steam turbines, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, all rotating equipment
- Gear boxes, cooling fans, couplings,
- Maintain company vehicles, assist Operations in locking out equipment and verifying equipment is left fail safe
- Laser Shaft Alignment
- Mechanical Seals, pump and compressor seals, all lubrication systems
- Mechanical Governors
- All ancillary equipment
- Complete work orders within the CMMS [MAXIMO] system.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Plant equipment maintenance experience
- Ability to utilize interpersonal communication skills in order to interface with all affected crafts, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work group
- Must be able work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time and priorities when given multiple tasks
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call-outs as need to fulfill business objectives
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines [ex: eye protection, footwear, FRC]
- Must be proficient or have the ability to learn use of tools including; hydraulic torque wrenches, laser alignment, dial indicators, micrometers and other precision tools.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software modules [Outlook, Excel, Word, IE]
- Experience working with a CMMS [SAP,MAXIMO]
- Related work experience preferred
- Experience working with Laser Shaft Alignment
- Mechanical Seals
- Mechanical Governors
- Equipment Installation
- P&IDs and blue prints, asset details
- Pipe Fitting
- Ability to work with turbines, pumps, compressors, motors
- Tubing, cooling towers, all ancillary rotating equipment
- Procurement and Computerized Maintenance System
- Work with precision instruments
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in mechanical maintenance within NGL or a Chemical facility
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.