The Trading Finance Advisor role acts as the primary Finance focal for supporting Shell Trading's business development efforts in the United States. In this role, the successful candidate will act as the first point of contact for business development and traders as a representative of Finance. This role will also provide deal support including finance advice, economic modeling, and coordination of support from other Finance functions for storage and transport commitments that Shell Trading is engaging in. Additionally, the role will support reporting and compliance activities across the Crude and Products Finance teams in North America.
- Deal Support
- Provide deal support and economic modeling for storage and transport deals - advanced Excel skills are a must
- Coordinate support from other Finance functions
- Effectively communicate with various levels within the organization up to VP
- Validate and track fixed financial commitments (primarily storage leases) to support financial disclosures at quarter-end and year-end
- Communicate International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) 16 qualifying leases to Commercial and offshore Finance Operations teams to ensure leases are appropriately accounted for in the trade system.
- Compliance & Control
- Support local compliance and control frameworks by ensuring business risks are understood and mitigated. Leverage control learnings between Crude and Products Finance teams
- Coordinate finance document retention activities including maintenance of team SharePoint site
- Coordinate across the finance community to ensure processes are properly embedded and documented where applicable
- Leverage the knowledge of subject matter experts in key areas of Finance, such as Tax, Accounting, and Treasury
- Build effective working partnerships with specialist functions with an integrated approach to risk identification/mitigation
- Support ad hoc projects and strategic initiatives, as required
- Seek ways to deliver value, drive efficiencies and reduce costs
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience with expertise across the spectrum of Finance competences (economic modeling to evaluate value of potential project, deal modeling computation, deal structuring, preparation of NBPs, review of deal documents from finance perspective).
- Experience with Openlink Endur Trading platform preferred.
- Market risk skill set experience is a plus.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk. Close work with Commodity Based Financing team, Credit team, Market Risk, Treasury etc.
- Problem-solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table.
- Ability to rapidly understand the specific business or function context.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.