Dyce, United Kingdom
Dyce, United Kingdom
Skills: Construction Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dyce, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new, growing organisation within the GPO function of BP Upstream.
BP is dedicated to optimizing the production from the Central North Sea and West of Shetland areas and as such it has embarked on a programme of fast track developments to identify, optimize and fast track projects to bring on early production. In general these projects will utilise smaller finds close to existing infrastructure - however there are still opportunities for major projects as well
The Global Subsea Execution (GSE) team is responsible for delivering all underwater based work, which includes all subsea construction, inspection and interventions typically performed from specialist subsea vessels - utilising both ROV and Diving.
GSE has an extensive network, delivering work to all BP functions (customers), including GPO (new projects), GOO (existing infrastructure) and GWO (subsea well support).
This role is based within the North Sea GSE team. The North Sea provides the full spectrum of challenges; from aging infrastructure and brownfield integration, through to the significant greenfield construction of new subsea fields.
GSE are involved in project from the initial project development, informing optimize, taking a lead role in later define and execute, including commissioning and supporting into operate.
The scope includes a broad range of subsea construction vessels utilising both ROV and divers
The successful candidate will be:
- expected to show action orientation and a great deal of autonomy by "owning the job" and delivering projects execution though out the project life cycle
- expected to lead contractors and internal project teams to a safe and reliable delivery
- have the right mindsets, be innovative, flexible and creative
- expected own business opportunity by challenging the status-quo, generating & evaluating execution options in order to deliver the best value outcome to the business
- demonstrate inclusivity by listening, evaluating and communicating
- provide clear direction and hold team members and contractors to account
- be prepared to hold honest and difficult conversations when required
- drive the modernisation and transformation agenda by embracing new technologies and ways of working to improve efficiency and cut out unnecessary process
- be familiar with BP GPO and Project Processes, ETPs and GIS and their application
The Construction Manager, Projects acts as the focal point in the North Sea Region GSE Team for all GPO subsea activity in the region. This is a senior role within the NSR GSE Team, reporting directly to the GSE Regional Manager and accountable for providing GSE expertise through all phases of Projects with specific responsibility for delivering the execution phase. Role activities and deliverables include:
- On behalf of BP GOO, GPO and GWO Functions be accountable for the delivery of the subsea execution of all North Sea Projects including commissioning
- Responsible for leading and directing a small team delivering subsea projects
- Integrate and coordinate a larger multi-discipline team as required by specific projects
- Work with the North Sea functions to monitor project activity, establish demand, and provide resources and support throughout the projects life cycle from appraise through to operate
- Work with the NSR GSE and Project Services to plan, schedule and execute projects activity support of projects
- Execution management of GSE Projects scopes responsible for reporting progress, working with project services to prepare financial forecast and schedules
- Contractor management including regular progress review meetings
- Work with PSCM to support preparation of requests for proposals (RFPs), bid evaluations, clarifications, negotiations and award recommendations
- Contract management including reporting, budget control and approval of variations
- Confirm competency and suitability of Installation Contractor's delivery team to execute the work
- Manage the interface with the Installation Contractor at scope level for the completion of assigned packages
- Support GSE Regional Manager and Project teams by managing schedule associated with the offshore execution of assigned scopes, including interface with other delivery teams
- Work with GSE Marine and Subsea Construction Engineers to manage day to day vessel activities to complete offshore execution scopes
- Provide execution technical support at concept development and optimise
- Review and approval of execution/installation procedures and analysis. Working with central engineering to provide detailed engineering technical input/support as required
- Facilitate technical queries/Interface requests
- Coordinate/integrate equipment and material deliveries from GSS or contractor
- Early identification of issues and resolution of disputes
- Have an integral and leading role in the development of GSE in the Region
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Essential experience and job requirements
Capability to deliver the responsibilities and objectives of the role
Extensive experience of subsea construction in major and smaller projects.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Experience of managing multiple teams and contracting companies and delivering safe, reliable and efficient subsea activities.
Master's degree in Engineering (preference, not essential)
Chartered status (in relevant discipline)