Skills: Control Room Operations
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Associate Equipment Controller located in El Segundo, CA California / United States through 9/25/19 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
The successful candidate will be part of the Asset Data and Information Management (ADIM) Team that is responsible for providing governance for the ACD work processes to enable record accuracy, accessibility and integrity in support of our business customers. ADIM Associate Equipment Controller position will be responsible for the standardization and governance of the facilities' document management system (Meridian), and its consistency across the Manufacturing Business Unit.
Primary tasks for this position include first level help desk support and continuous training to end-users. The ability to analyze and troubleshooting application issues to determine root causes and appropriate corrective actions. This position will report to the Asset Data and Information Management Team Lead.
• First-level business support for Meridian access, function and integrity, working with and escalating to IT support organizations as needed.
• Represent El Segundo on the Meridian Manufacturing Change Advisory Board (CAB) and work to support all Manufacturing initiatives through the global IT central support organization.
• Responsible for facilitating training to all end-users in a class room setting or individually
• Participates in testing during system upgrades and future migrations
• Assist users when needed for providing equipment classification, naming convention, document retention.
• Point of contact for issues related to the interface between Maximo and Meridian
• Represents Business Administrator at user group meetings and conferences
• Must be capable of handling a diverse workload and multiple tasks with accuracy under minimal supervision.
• Responsible for conducting various forms of analysis
• Provides Queries and Reporting, including Project tracking for end-users
• Ability to travel for training or workshops
• Participate as an active member of the ADIM Team to collectively meet the ADIM Team's goals.
• Create/maintain site job guidelines, or procedures when needed for Meridian.
• May provide data entry support as required by local stakeholder organizations
• May be required to assist in other ADIM ACD work processes as needed
• May participate in local Incident Investigations or Audits
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 5+ years of petrochemical experience
• Self-motivated and strong work process management skills
• Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and orally
• Efficient and competent using common computer programs such as outlook, word, excel, power point
• Capable to deliver training to individuals and groups
• Capable of managing multiple initiatives and/or tasks simultaneously with success
• Practical knowledge of Maximo, SharePoint, Meridian or any document management application
• SQL query skills
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.