Job Title - Static Equipment Reliability EngineerLocation - St. Louis, MOEmployee - Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client is a chemical company primarily focused on manufacturing explosives is in need of a Static Equipment Reliability Engineer to join their team in St. Louis, MO.
To lead Reliability effort for the site through collaboration between the Strategic Engineering specialist resources and the operations teams. Manage the Static Equipment program to affect a reduction or elimination of identified operational risks within the plant including mechanical and facility related systems. The Static Equipment Reliability Engineer will impact mechanical effectiveness, daily operations, overall plant safety, product quality and environmental and sustainability initiatives.
Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as petrochemical and oil and gas.
- Experienced in risk identification, analysis and mitigation strategies.
- Proven project delivery.
- Demonstrated ability in optimising reliability e.g. reducing failure rates, increasing uptime, etc.
- Strong understanding of RBM (Risk-based Maintenance) and RCM (reliability centered maintenance) maintenance strategy development.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis of failure data (e.g. uptime, weibull analysis, etc).
- Competent in the various methods of Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Competent in incident investigations
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems.
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Excellence models, systems and processes relating to asset capability and reliability
- Familiarity with Safety Management Systems
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in metallurgy, materials, mechanical, civil, manufacturing or chemical engineering
- 4-10+ years of experience in maintenance and/or engineering of a petro-chemical manufacturing plant, power generation or similar heavy industry environment with at least 3 years in the field of reliability of static plant equipment
- Qualifications such as API 510, 570, 571, 579, 653 and 581 preferred or working towards certification
- Knowledge of static plant equipment and good knowledge of materials, failure mechanisms, fabrication and repair processes and procedures
- Technically competent with respect to management of Rotating equipment in particular: rotor dynamics, performance monitoring, principles of compressible flow, principles of lubrication management, condition monitoring, reliability benchmarks, best engineering practices and machinery overhaul practices.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Chemical Operator who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.