Skills: Captain / Master, Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client controls a fleet of 40+ LPG carriers, which serve the international supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity traders throughout Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas. For their London office we are seeking a Marine Safety and Training Superintendent.
This will be a permanent, staff role with around 30% travel involved.
- Guide vessels on SIRE / CDI inspection preparations and work towards getting less than 4 observations per inspection and nil high-risk observation.
- Work with vessels under his care to ensure that the vessels perform well during PSC / USCG COC inspections.
- Work with vessels to ensure that LTIFs are zero.
- Actively participate in safety campaigns to ensure active participation by the fleet.
- Promptly respond to questionnaire requests from Charterers and Oil Majors.
- Keep crew matrices of vessels under their care updated on the OCIMF website.
- Diligently review safety reports (including Master's reviews) received from their respective vessels.
- Analyze reports, such as Safety, SIRE / CDI inspection, PSC inspections, Internal audits, Near miss, Incident/accident and other such reports. Where required, advise vessels on matters related to Marine activities.
- Monitor the evolving changes to the SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, Class, Flag State, Oil Major and other applicable requirements and plan the implementation of the same on vessels.
- Conduct internal audits on ships. Identify areas for improvement and verify implementation of the corrective and preventive action.
- Prepare training agenda and conduct training for officers and crew.
- Conduct safety, environmental and security drills onboard to assess effectiveness.
- Review and respond to safety and other reports received from the vessel.
- Conduct appraisal of Officers onboard and recommend actions.
- Assist Vetting & Quality Manager and the GM on matters related to marine and safety issues on vessels.
- Carry out management inspections and identify issues that may impact quality assurance.
- Interview deck officers to evaluate suitability for selection/promotion.
- Conduct investigation of incidents/ accidents onboard as advised by the HSE Manager.
- Liaise with interested parties, such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers and other stake-holders
We would like to hear from candidates who have a
total of around 8 years of experience gained on LPG carriers
hold a Master Mariner ticket and have sailed as a Master or Chief Officer on LPG carrier
are willing to work in a shore based job in London
are eligible to work in UK without sponsorship
Ably Resources is an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job! We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services.
Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge. We work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independent companies through to global blue chip organisations.
Our aim is to build and maintain long-term working relationships with our clients. Employers can trust us to offer tailor-made and cost-effective solutions to their recruitment problems, and jobseekers can trust us to deliver a discreet and dedicated service that will help them make the very best of their specialist skill-set.