Skills: Well Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Well Performance Engineer for a Contract position, located in Westhill.
The well performance engineer must identify, evaluate, recommend and implement opportunities to maximise value in terms of production, well and reservoir performance over the short to medium term.
- Conduct daily production optimisation efforts for Fields' production systems to reach their maximum production limit; monitor and evaluate offshore well production and surface process performance, report changing production parameters, in a systematic manner.
- Support offshore production operations e.g. daily communication with CRO, weekly production performance meeting, monthly issuance of field Production Optimisation Guideline (POG), etc.
- Update and maintain well models in PROSPER to support all production optimization efforts; maintain and utilize the field system network model in GAP of its capacities and potentials. Using this calibrated model, identify production bottlenecks (and possible future bottlenecks) and recommend economic solutions to remove or mitigate these bottlenecks.
- Manage sand production from the well e.g. monitor daily the acoustic sand detection system, identify sand event with changing production condition, provide input to the monthly ENS Sand Management Meeting, understand sand sampling results, optimise the well to produce at its production envelope to mitigate sand production.
- Manage the well testing program for all producing wells from scheduling, update procedure (if required), and verify well test data and proper documentation of well test data in the production database.
- Coordinate evaluations of production loss, ensure proper categorisation and through a validation during the weekly production performance meeting, inform the Hydrocarbon Allocation team of these losses. Continuously develop plans to prevent losses with regards to well performance.
- Ensure well integrity testing is conducted on time with the right procedure; if required interface with the well integrity team in the event wells fail the testing requirements and contribute to the follow up tasks, if any.
- Optimise gas lift wells and the lift gas system e.g. gas lift modelling, lift gas distribution modelling, and recommend GLV changes, if required.
- Prepare, attend and contribute in the weekly production performance meeting and monthly production performance group meeting. Similarly, to other planned well reviews meeting.
- Provide the following support, but not limited to, support to the commercial team in the preparation of information to the co-venture as required in the Flyndre Operating Agreements, support production forecasting for weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual forecast requirements, support preparation of requests to OGA for developing yearly production and flaring requirements, support the Hydrocarbon Accounting team on production reporting and allocation, support Geoscience teams in well, reservoir and facility reviews.
- Minimum BSc Hons Degree in relevant topic with 3+ years' experience in the Oil & Gas industry in Reservoir Engineering/Drilling Engineering/Completion Engineering/Process Engineering domain
- Knowledge of production engineering, well performance engineering, process engineering, subsea systems. Must be competent in at least one of the disciplines
- Has experience of site operations such as well construction, well interventions, and facilities/process operations.
- Strong presentation skills - able to perform clear and concise presentations and to defend one's position in a difficult / challenging environment