Offers the opportunity as an experienced Lead Supplier Quality Engineer - Chemical commodity to join the team in India.Essential Responsibilities:
- SRG, Process (as per SRS), QMS assessment of supplier along with Product line (PL) Quality representative or guidelines.
- Follow-up the supplier for closing the findings.
- Collect the closure evidences. Visit the supplier to re-evaluate the CAPA reports if needed. Connect with PL Quality team to get the confirmation.
- Prepare the annual supplier assessment plan (Classification, Process and follow-up) and review reports.
- Vendor evaluation, visits to production and R&D facilities as a part of Supplier Selection Process.
- Understand chemical process at supplier's factory for supplier development activity.
Product Sample Assessment:
- Understand basic stoichiometry and heat balance concepts.
- Asses the TDS, MSDS, COA etc. against BHGE product specifications and record deviations if any. Get deviations approved by PL Quality team to before dispatch clearance.
- Liaison with Suppliers and PL Quality for sample testing process in compliance with BHGE guidelines.
- AQL and testing parameters as per PL Quality requirements witness for regular production random basis.
- Witness Analytical testing at approved Third Party Laboratory and provide the reports to Product Line Quality team.
- Qualification process in QMT
- PL Quality will lead the qualification and India SQE will support from ground.
- Updating the documentation in the QMT and approvals from all stakeholders.
- Reaction testing always carried out in the BHGE plant test labotories.
Order Execution Support
- Make sure compliance to Quality documentation during order execution.
- Validate Supplier's internal QA/QC and sample checks at laboratory on random basis.
- Support purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on time schedule agreements.
Performance of the supplier scorecard and make CAPAs to improve in India region.
Create, develop & maintain business relations and effective communication with Suppliers. Interface between Product Line Quality and supplier.
Support PL Quality team to resolve non-conformities and provide effective RCA.
Support sourcing strategy of development & supply of chemicals from India regionQualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science (Chemicals)
- 7-10 Years of experience
- Sound knowledge of Indian Chemical Industry.
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Effective facilitation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to work across time zones including connections with regions and sites
- Ability to influence across a complex matrixed organization
- Ability to Influence/communicate at all levels; establish good relationships
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more