Skills: Drilling Superintendent
Other Skills: IWCF, Onshore drilling, Drilling Engineering, HSSE, West Africa
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Port-Gentil, Gabon
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Assala Energy is a young and dynamic Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company, with an exciting operated asset base in Gabon, firm core values and a keen sense of responsibility to our employees and stakeholders.
Our business has undergone tremendous growth in recent months, and as we are embarking on our upcoming drilling campaign, we seek to strengthen our Wells Department and attract an experience Drilling Engineer for the role of Head of Well Engineering.
As the Head of Wells Engineering you will be accountable for the overall planning and operational engineering of the associated well activities, in line with the requirements of our Well Delivery Process, contracts, Assala Gabon policies& procedures and Well Manuals.
You will provide steer and coaching to a team of fluid superintendents, fluids engineers and well engineers directly under your supervision and support the execution of a well budget in excess of $100M USD per annum, and around 20 well drilling activities a year.
With the support of the engineering and operational teams, you will also manage a portfolio of Service Contracts and deputise for the Drilling Manager when required.
- University graduate in Engineering or Physical Science
- A minimum of 15 years relevant Drilling Engineering experience, with over 5 years spent in relevant field-based roles
- Demonstrated experience in working for a lean and agile business with a fast paced well delivery programme
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa and previous success in leading multicultural teams
- Valid IWCF certification at supervisor level
- Excellent inter-personal and team building skills
- HSSE Critical Leader competency assessment
This is a 12 month renewable contract, offered on a rotational basis of 5/5. We also welcome applicants who are interested in a residential posting with their families.
Please note that Assala Energy does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies outside our PSL, and we take no responsibility for fees that may arise as a result.