Skills: WellSite Supervisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Drill Site Representative located in Bakersfield, Ca. through September 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Primary duties of a Drill Site Representative (DSR) is the safe and efficient execution of all well drilling operations. Position is responsible to direct day to day well site operations on land-based drilling operations at a fundamental application level. Key job responsibilities are working in a team environment to ensure the safety of all personnel on location and compliance with all applicable environmental regulations, managing day to day activities of rig contractor personnel and third party business partners, managing logistics for personnel and equipment to and from location, providing accurate daily reports to the Drilling Superintendent and data entry into the Chevron database system, and maintaining accurate cost control. Skilled application for communication is imperative.
Position requires employee to work a 14/14 work schedule at various field locations. Operations involve fast-paced drilling operations in shallow steam flood reservoirs. Must routinely interface with multiple Service Companies. This position will also be responsible in influencing our business partners using Chevron Way and Clear Leader behaviors.
Operations involve heavy oil, water flood, cyclic steam, thermal diatomite and steam flood operations at shallow depths utilizing vertical, deviated and horizontal producer, injection and observation wells. The fields typically have a high well density. This is a rapid cycle time environment. The rig fleet is dynamic with 3-5 drilling rigs (400-600 wells per year), 10-14 Major/Minor workover rigs (800-1200 jobs per year) and 18-24 routine workover rigs (3000-5000 jobs per year).
Responsibilities for this role may include but are not limited to:
- Carry out responsibilities with a strong emphasis on safety of personnel.
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with sound engineering practices and compliance with all safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Reinforce HES processes in all aspects of day to day operations including JSA's, safety meetings, Tenets of Operations, RCA investigations and near miss reporting.
- Lead well control drills using Drill pad and engage the crews in improving well control practices.
- Provide direction to Business Partners on all aspects of drilling, completion and workover operations daily.
- Partner with Chevron and business partner personnel in Managing Safe Work Practices
- Set clear expectations and provide feedback to employees and Contractor personnel.
- Support the training process and training programs.
- Monitor performance of numerous Contractor personnel and equipment to seek optimum efficiency and equipment reliability.
- Holds self & others accountable for performance.
- Nurture professional growth of early career and Horizon's DSR's.
- Coach and mentor the professional growth of early career and Horizon's DSR's in HES and drilling practices.
- 10 years of relevant work experience is required
- Previous experience demonstrating strong skills in team leadership and supervision of diverse rig teams to achieve incident free operations.
- Strong emphasis on safety of personnel.
- Diverse drilling experience with demonstrated skills in directional and horizontal well execution.
- Ability to work well with others in a multi-functional team environment.
- Strong communication skills are mandatory.
- Experience demonstrating strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor the professional growth of early career DSR's in HES and drilling practices.
- IADC WellSharp well control certification
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bakersfield
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.