Skills: Business Development, Sales
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Additional Benefits
Location: Parramatta, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Australia & Oceania
BP / Castrol are seeking a self-motivated, innovative, solutions orientated Technical Sales Specialist for the Mining sector of our business. This will be a person who can work in a team environment and take the lead on projects where required. We have a focus on growing the market share of our lubricants mining brand OptiVal in New South Wales, and you will be critical to our organisations success in achieving this goal.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager Mining on the East Coast, the Lubricants Technical Sales Specialist is a field based technical position and will require you to be on the road for 50% of the time.
- The technical support and delivery of contracted cost reductions through the identification and delivery of value improvement projects to key account and non-key account customers.
- Provide expert lubricant technical advice for the storage, handling and dispensing of hydrocarbons, In addition to recommending appropriate lubricants for OEMs
- Develop sales materials and provide technical support to mining account peers in the Asia Pac region
- Assisting with the growth of Castrol's lubricants mining brand OptiVal
- Working in conjunction with the "one Mining Team", Sales Managers, Key Account managers and field service teams. You will be responsible for the identification and delivery of upsell opportunities to increase value at nominated mining customers.
- Identify, agree and project manage the delivery of contracted value targets at selected key accounts.
- Provide lubricant technical advice supporting current and future technical direction for nominated mining customers.
- Support of existing business via strategic products choices and recommendations, this includes the management of product quality complaints and resolution responsibility (in field performance).
- Be the single-point-of-contact for selected key account mine sites
You will be an experience Technical/Product Sales specialist. Prior experience in a Lubricants Technical support role is very highly regarded. Essential to your success is your strong commercial acumen and customer relationship building.
- Business acumen skills, analysis & investigations.
- Demonstrated projects management skills.
- Customer engagement and partnership.
- Networking across multi-functional teams
About the benefits
BP offers an outstanding benefits package and work environment for our staff as well as being committed to your on-going professional development, providing you with opportunities to advance your career both interstate and abroad with a genuine preference to promote from within.
You will be equipped the tools of the trade, alongside bonuses
Desired Skills and Experience
Account management, technical sales