Skills: Commercial Management, Facilities Management, Lease Analyst
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: West Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Network Development Lead, WA & NT
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies, employing almost 80,000 people globally and has operated in Australia since 1919. Today, we're involved in a whole range of activities, such as exploring natural gas and crude oil resources as well as refining and marketing petroleum products and lubricants. BP operates around 350 company-owned sites, while more than 1,000 sites are independently owned and operated by a network of Australian business partners, selling fuel under the BP brand.
We are now recruiting for a Network Development Lead, WA & NT to join our team in Perth. The role is primarily concerned with supporting the Network Growth and Property Manager to generate strategic changes to BP's retail fuel property portfolio across WA and the NT. This includes contributing to the network planning process and driving the optimisation of growth and return from our assets in the market. This will be achieved by identifying, recommending and implementing property acquisition, divestment and lease opportunities to the existing network.
- Contributing to BP's financial performance through the identification, assessment, acquisition and development of new site opportunities which are aligned to our retail network strategy
- Originate and source development opportunities, management and lease contracts, support and maintain deal flow and pipeline
- Preparing the annual update of the network plan in the region and assessing its alignment with the market strategy at site level
- Understanding commercial drivers of the channels of trade in order to support appropriate alignment of opportunities across BP's fuels strategy for Western Australia and the Northern Territory
- Presenting and obtaining Board approval for business cases
- Maintaining and increasing project-enabling contact base and network with agents, developers and internal stakeholders
- Exploit expansion opportunities by targeting both new and existing retail sites
- Review Non-Disclosure Agreements in collaboration with the legal team, for sign off by Network Growth and Property Manager
- Liaising with Leadership Team on technical suitability and requirements of opportunities
- Leading a team of two
Essential Skills & Experience:
In order to be considered for this role applicants must; have extensive experience in preparing and structuring complex commercial arrangements including negotiation, contract preparation, lease agreements and planning approval processes; be able to genuinely contribute to the strategic development of our network plan through the demonstration of prior success in either conceptualising or executing a company strategy and; have prior experience in commercial property identification, acquisition and divestment.
In addition to the above, the successful applicant will be an expert relationship builder and manager - able to establish mutually beneficial agreements with third parties and be adept at navigating complex corporate and regulatory landscapes to ensure that critical business outcomes are achieved in line with our strategy.