Oceaneering provides unique, high-tech and high-spec services and solutions to a diverse customer base in both the commercial and government sectors, including offshore oilfield, defense, aerospace, entertainment, material handling, renewable energy, and research applications.
Oceaneering seeks highly-motivated individuals to become an integral part of our elite engineering team. You will work on leading-edge applications in underwater robotics and automation in a dynamic, professional, fast-paced, and hands-on environment where you will stretch and expand your abilities, with ample opportunities for advancement.
Our Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) group, operating within Oceaneering's Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) segment, designs, builds, and operates Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV), Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV), and related robotic and electromechanical systems creating solutions for operations in harsh-environments above and deep-under water.
OTECH is located at our ADTECH headquarters in Hanover, MD, close to Washington, DC, and our primary Department of Defense (DoD) customers, such as the U.S. Navy and DARPA.
We are growing our business. Prepare to grow with Oceaneering! Position Summary
Oceaneering thrives by creating industry-changing technically creative solutions for the most complex operational challenges under water, on land, and in space.The Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) division is looking for a self-motivated, experienced, and talented software engineer to oversee the software development activities for a group of software engineers embedded at a customer site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall architecture and upkeep of a suite of software utilized by the customer to perform various analysis related tasks. Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of high quality software systems utilizing an array of technologies.
- Responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Create and maintain software documentation such as: verification procedures, requirement specifications, interface control documents, testing reports, etc.
- Work as part of a team to meet customer requirements.
- Dedicated to learning new software languages, architectures, and tools.
- Willing to stretch beyond experience and to take risks to achieve objectives.
- Understand, explain, and seek ways to improve existing toolsets to gain processing efficiencies, better quality, and broader reach.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's with 4 or more years' experience, Masters with 2 or more years' experience or Doctorate with experience. Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- 3+ years' experience with C# or C++.
- 3+ years' experience with enterprise databases such as Oracle RDBMS or Microsoft SQL server.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in object oriented design, implementation, and test.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in software architecture and design of complex systems.
- Experience leading a team of software engineers.
- Comfortable configuring, developing, and debugging on the Windows operating system.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Solid understanding of computer networking and security concepts.
- Experience with implementing the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience developing with ESRI ARCGIS libraries.
- Experience with web-based development.
- Proficiency in UML modeling, test-driven development, agile processes, or DevOps tools.
- Experience with Wireshark or other network packet analysis software.
- Understanding of more advanced networking involving switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Familiarity with cryptography and underlying algorithms
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.