Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD32 - CAD39 per hour
Location: Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking Logistics Coordinator for a 1 year contract in Edmonton. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
The Logistics Coordinator implements logistics related tasks pertaining to the acquisition of materials, and coordinates shipping and delivery between suppliers and internal customers.
- Participate in capital project planning
- Support internal customers/users by understanding their logistics requirements
- Initiate move orders and participate in development of overall logistics strategies for tactical moves
- Select appropriate transportation supplier from approved supplier list (ASL) and coordinate logistics moves with suppliers including monitoring supplier delivery
- Conduct shipment inventory reviews to determine accuracy
- Support analysis of transport modes commiserated with business requirements and work with various carriers to utilize the most appropriate method of transport
- Ensure materials are properly expedited by suppliers when needed
- Identify delivery delays and implement mitigation tactics to accelerate delivery when possible
- Work with supplier to resolve transportation invoice issues
- Communication of logistics supplier / carrier performance including compliance with specific contractual obligations/metrics to the logistics manager
- Provide business support for all material related activity (Warehouse & Operations)
- Assemble, summarize and report logistics for the Benefits Tracking tool
- Train internal customers/users on the use of a routing guide and shipping matrix
- Provide subject matter advice to Procurement, Engineering and Operations on development of shipping method specifications for pipeline materials, equipment, and other cargo
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge in logistics and inventory management principles
- Mathematical and analytical insight including data analytics (sourcing tools, financial tools)
- Knowledge of transportation laws and regulations including an understanding of routing guides and shipping matrixes
- Knowledge of carrier rates, tariffs, federal, state, local/international laws & regulations related to material logistics
- Knowledge of specifics of each mode of transportation
- Masters degree, 2 years College Degree, 4 year University degree, Hazardous good training/ certification
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.