Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Modeling
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Interpretation team is building the next generation of automated interpretation algorithms and engines for real-time sensor measurements data processing that will provide actionable insights to automated systems for informed decision making.
As an Interpretation Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing innovative algorithms and techniques for advanced software solutions aiming to deliver customer-centric applications. Together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of engineers, software developers, product managers and subject domain experts you will contribute to envision, build, develop and deploy our next generation of engines and algorithms which will help our clients fundamentally transform the well construction process.
We are looking for talented individuals with a serious commitment to data and signal processing and/or physical modelling and strong interest in developing skills in the latest technologies in machine learning and real-time simulation.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conceive and develop proof-of-concept solutions guided by a business value proposition for demonstration and testing purposes
- Bring research ideasto optimize and enhance existing workflows and algorithms
- Familiarize quickly with existing technology
- Monitors own area of scientific expertise and works to expand breadth of technical knowledge. Present technical analysis to internal stakeholders
- Play an active role in every part of the answer product development life cycle, participate in requirements, design, testing and validation, code reviews
- Create and maintain algorithm/workflow documentation
- Work closely with the engineering groups to share design and solutions ideas, coordinates and communicates work efforts, expand network
- Recent PhD or Master's Degree in a field linked to signal processing, engineering, applied mathematics, physics, statistics or machine learning.
- Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following is desired: data / signal processing, applied mathematics, physical modelling, fluid mechanics, optimization, model inversion
- Comfortable tackling open-ended problems, with an innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to work with other analysts, domain experts and decision makers for multi-segment and cross-center projects.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language such as Python, MATLAB or similar
- Strong record of extracurricular activity, professional accomplishment, and leadership
- Fluency in English
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity empployer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender diversity, national origin, age, disability, or other characterisitcs protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.