Skills: Corrosion Engineering, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
A Mechanical Integrity Engineer for Oceaneering will manage the design, technical and operating integrity of process piping and equipment for various clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, plan, initiate and monitor inspection programs with both internal and 3rd party NDT/NDE personnel, and interpret and assess information generated during the inspection programs.
- Assess a variety of historical inspection, operational conditions, process and corrosion control data to adequately assess and give direction on the further inspection and operation of process equipment. This shall be achieved via Semi-Quantitative Risk Analysis through the use of Oceaneering's integrity management software.
- Understand the consequence and overall risk posed by degradation on process equipment and be able to perform Fitness for Service analyses based on the available information.
- Provide Fitness for Service and Risk Based Assessment of process equipment in an organized, coherent and logical format to be reported to clients. Further Risk Based Inspection programs, required as a result of Risk Based Assessment, shall be designed and project managed by the Mechanical Integrity Engineer.
- Create document file structures and maintain project files and all project documents including but not limited to: Pre-mobilization activity schedules, project schedules, project overview, personnel and equipment schedules, RBA/RBI reports and Fitness for Service Reports.
- Monitor project cost control and profit and loss tracking.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in an engineering disciple.
- Five (5) years of related experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Working knowledge of API 580/581, API 579, API 510, API5 70, API 653, ASME VIII D1, ASME II, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4 & 31.8.
- Working knowledge of:
- Risk Based Analysis (API RP580/581)
- Degradation Mechanisms
- Corrosion Engineering
- Corrosion mitigation
- Operational monitoring techniques
- API 510, API 653 and API 570 certification highly preferred
- PMP Certification.
- NDT knowledge for core techniques.
- Familiar with CMMS (SAP, MAXIMO, etc) and IDMS (APM Meridium, ACET, PCMS, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.