Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Diego, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Position Description: The Gas Pipeline Construction Manager is responsible for the on-site management of the construction of a major gas pipeline in an urban environment. The Pipeline Construction Manager will report directly to the Project Management Team (Owner).
- Provide visible leadership presence with respect to safety of the project team, contractors, operations and the protection of assets and the environment as well as public safety
- Provide input on the RFP/bid review process for selection of contractors
- Oversee and coordinate the construction planning, scoping, execution and completion of a large diameter gas pipeline and a restricted ROW through an urban location.
- Provide input to field staffing plan.
- Participate in the screening and selection of project inspectors and other field staff.
- Manage and assign day-to-day activities of the project inspectors and other field staff.
- Assess competency levels and performance of project inspectors and other field staff.
- Regularly update local management and Field Operations management with respect to the progress of projects, potential problems and/or other concerns.
- Lead the Construction Turnover to Commissioning process, ensuring that Mechanical Completion Punch lists are developed, Initial Startup Plans are developed and approved, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews are Complete, etc.
- Participate in constructability and design reviews with the Project Team as well as PHA's.
- Ensure all field activities are executed in accordance with contract specifications and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all documentation procedures, maintenance of records, and preparation of the Project Turnover Manual and Records Management.
- Implement QA/QC plans for inspection and quality control of materials, construction, inspection and testing records, etc.
- Manage assignment and coordination of temporary workspaces, laydown areas, etc. to minimize disruption to local operations and to ensure efficient project execution.
- Minimize change orders and support Project MOC and RFI processes.
- Responsible for the thorough, timely completion and submission of daily field reports and construction records.
- Ensure all work is performed safely and according to HSSE programs.
- Work closely with the project management team, construction contractors, operations, HSSE Representatives, 3rd party operators and all key stakeholders to meet project objectives.
- Escalate schedule and budget risks to Project Management Team.
- Review contractor invoices for payment
- Minimum 15 years of demonstrated experience in Construction Management.
- Extensive experience in the construction of gas pipelines and associated infrastructure including large diameter gas pipelines in restricted Right of Way.
- Thorough knowledge of pipeline construction methods and techniques, especially with construction in congested pipeline corridors as well as urban environment.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated regard for damage prevention, including One-Call and excavation technique selection.
- Thorough knowledge of DOT regulations and industry codes, including DOT Part 195, API 1104, etc.
- Demonstrated experience managing Owner's field construction staff, including inspectors.
- Familiarity with construction and environmental permit provisions.
- Thorough knowledge of contracts, project specifications and drawings.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital.
- Knowledge of construction SWPPP and BMPs.
Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Project Management, Construction Management, or related field from an accredited university preferred.