Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Buying and Procurement Specialist in Houston, TX.Essential Responsibilities:
- Independently manages all aspects of supplier relationships, including contract negotiations, delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- Actively drives supplier improvement activities and supplier program reviews.
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules.
- Recommends new developments in materials and supplies.
- May oversee the approval and control of purchasing activities for an assigned product group/staff.
- Fosters active daily use of continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- May develop work tasks and instructions specifying processes/equipment required to meet finished good needs.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes, a GE Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes, a GE Company Core Values.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years procurement, sourcing or similar experience.
- Applies mastery-level knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Energetic self-starter with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including advanced level knowledge of Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced work environment.
- Order Management experience a plus.
- Sourcing for manufacturing products
- Project management experience
- 1+years experience in a leadership role.
- Professional purchasing or supply chain certification preferred.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more