Skills: Control Room Operations
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Control Room Operator in the Dallas, TX area. Successful candidates will possess familiarity with an office setting in the oilfield industry, and willing to go to the field for hands-on work as needed.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Monitors producing wells/pads, compressor stations, the gas plant and sales lines from a central control room located at the field office. Monitoring is done from a computer console with multiple screens, ties to our SCADA system. Parameters that are monitored include: producing rate, flowing pressure and temperature, gas plant and gas sales lines including BTU values, flow rates, pressures, temperatures and fuel usage.
- Notifies field (Lease Operators) or mid-stream (Compressor Operator) personnel of the problem and has them rectify it. If additional manpower is required to resolve the problem, the Control Room Operator may coordinate mobilizing the needed manpower.
- Serves as command post for coordinating movement of responders in emergency situations, at least until a temporary Incident Command Center can be set up.
- Continually monitor a wide range of data and make calls and adjustments as required. Acquire a basic understanding of overall field and pipeline operations and how all interact.
Skills / Qualifications
Successful candidate to possess:
- 2+ years Oil & Gas Production Operations experience (preferred)
- Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred, but will train acceptable candidate
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct
- At least High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
- Valid Driver's License with an excellent driving record
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.