Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a National Energy Board Coordinator in North York, Ontario for a 1 year contract.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of this role will be ensuring compliance with the NEB Onshore Pipeline Regulations for all EGI Affiliates companies (e.g. Niagara Gas Transmission Ltd) and joint ventures (e.ge. Vector Pipelines) gas transmission pipelines and facilities within the National Energy Board's jurisdiction.
The role's mandate is to integrate and ensure systematic and consistent cross-organizational approaches to EGI Affiliate National Energy Board (NEB) assets to ensure compliance, assurance, and governance to applicable NEB regulations.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with Engineering, Operations, Storage and Transmission, and Energy Services to ensure requirements are being addressed and documented and processes and procedures are established that enable continual improvement.
• Be the main liaison between the NEB and EGI Affiliate NEB Companies including Vector Pipelines
• Be the main contact to Accountable Officers for NEB affiliated companies including Vector Pipelines
• Co-ordinate, prepare and participate in NEB Audit/Inspection/Screening with key stakeholders; facilitate the closure of any applicable gaps or corrective actions
• Monitor the NEB notifications, advisories, and requirement changes and be the designated management of change (MOC) coordinator for these items
• Coordinate and create an annual report for our client's Gas Inc. and its affiliated companies or joint ventures that meets the requirements of the NEB OPR (Onshore Pipeline Regulations)
• Coordinate with other organizational functions or management programs to ensure the following requirements are completed:
o Emergency exercises that include NEB staff observation and annual updates of public Emergency manuals
o Crossing applications are filed (i.e. cover letters, specific conditions) and reviewed
o Permitting processes related to NEB lines or facilities
o Reporting of unauthorized crossings to the NEB
o Public awareness campaigns for landowners in proximity to NEB lines and facilities
o Incident notifications to the NEB
o Responses to NEB requests for comments or surveys
o Payments for NEB expenditures (e.g. indigenous relationship fees, protection measures for 3rd party work, mail out of public awareness packages, MCA)
o Field permit applications are reviewed and approved
o Accountable Officer change notifications
• Maintain a document or manual that outlines how NEB requirements are executed, addressed and controlled
• Preparation, update, and review of budgets and scorecards for Affiliate companies holding NEB assets
• Monitoring of Affiliate/NEB correspondence and mail boxes for new applications
• Other duties or projects as assigned
MUST HAVE qualifications:
• 2-3 years demonstrated operations management experience which includes leadership of high performance work teams and successful deployment of new work processes and systems intended to improve customer service and performance.
• Solid understanding of Natural Gas Distribution pipelines and the NEB regulator and OPR regulations.
• Experience with audits as the auditor, auditee, or liaison between them
• Consistent track record of strong execution and achieving results including project management experience
• Experience and understanding of management codes and standards, including the safety management system and / or ISO 9001 is an asset.
• Ability to influence others through flexibility, building relationships, and demonstrated leadership
• Strong organizational and documentation competencies
NICE TO HAVE qualifications:
• Strong MS PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint skills an asset
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; Experience in facilitation of meetings and workshops
• Previous Change Management and Management of Change experience an asset
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.