Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Missouri City, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR TEMPORARY / ON CALL WORK AS NEEDED
REPORTS TO: Electrical Supervisor
LOCATION: Offshore US Gulf of Mexico
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment onboard the unit in accordance with company requirements.
- Valid Technical Certificate from a recognized body preferred
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams. Able to proficiently use electrical testing meters and equipment. Able to operate software applications as applicable to position.
- Experience with PLCs, SCRs, and MCCs
- 5+ years experience with electrical systems and maintenance
- Previous offshore experience, semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Offshore training required:
- BOISET / HUET
- Safe Gulf / RigPass
- Ensure that all installations, repair, calibrations and modifications to the electrical systems and components are carried out in accordance with company policies and regulatory laws.
- Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that entries on permits, isolation tags and logs reflect current status
- Carry our maintenance according to the Company Maintenance Management System.
- Participate in the effective management of the Company Maintenance Management System and ensure records are maintained in a timely manner
- Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on all electrical equipment is carried out
- Maintain and repair all electrical components and systems onboard
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams as required
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information with supervisor
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations and potentials hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill.
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: