An opportunity for a Research & Development (R&D) Engineer / Physicist is available, working as part of the Data Science team utilizing state of the art technologies to improve global oil & gas pipeline safetyEssential Responsibilities:
As part of the Global Sensor Systems Centre of Excellence, the Engineer /Physicist will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing development programs relating to applications and fundamentals of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) for pipeline inspection, primarily electromagnetics/ magnetics related.
- Magnetics, ultrasonics and electromagnetics design, modelling and related data analysis/validation.
- Advanced R& D work with new and emerging sensing and inspection technologies.
- Advanced modelling, testing, and development of prototype systems, new algorithms and procedures, including maintenance of relevant documents
- Physics or Electronics/Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent, Msc or PhD a plus.
- Excellent physics background with data driven analytical skills especially as applied to non-destructive testing and inspection
- Demonstrated programming skills
- Strong problem-solving and technical skills and the ability to contribute in multi-discipline engineering teams
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to report and present material
- Oil & Gas industry experience, ideally in the inline inspection area
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn moreCareer Level