Skills: Marine Surveying
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role Marine Surveyor
The purpose of this role is to conduct surveys and audits on board ships for classification and statutory purposes. You will operate with a clear customer focus and be charged with driving optimal service delivery. The role will include training and certification within the Bureau Veritas Marine and Offshore Division surveyor certification scheme and BV Certification schemes (IRCA) for ISO.
- You will conduct inspections of materials and equipment for ships and floating structures for classification and / or statutory purposes
- Perform ad-hoc consultancy and outsourcing jobs in the maritime field as per business requirements
- Audits on board ships and at client offices for statutory certification (ISM /ISPS /MLC code) and to ISO standards for certification (9001, 14001, 18001, 50001).
- Operate with a clear customer focus and abide fully within the Code of Ethics policy of Bureau Veritas
- Hold a Degree level qualification in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture and / or equivalent sea going qualifications / ship repair experience
- Have proven related Marine experience and sound technical knowledge
- Preferably hold a Senior Sea-going Engineers Certificate
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work directly with representatives of Owners, flag and port state authorities etc.
- Hold a current UK driving licence
- Be willing to travel within the UK and Ireland and sometimes further afield or on voyage as may be required
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.