Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Health & Safety Manager
Salary: Flexible dependant on experience and excellent benefits package
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
As a Health and Safety Advisor in London for Bureau Veritas, you would be working embedded with one of our key clients to support the implementation and maintenance of their Health & Safety Management System in a corporate office environment. We are looking for a collaborative worker that can lead activity and support other team members, while being the business point of contact for UK, Ireland and Nordics locations.
You will be a confident person that is comfortable in your abilities. You can demonstrate that you are capable of delivering solutions in a collaborative way. Your energy, tenacity, pragmatism and patience coupled with experience will help you to deliver credible advice and support to the client and stakeholders.
We will value your ability to multi-task and react swiftly to requests for support. You will not need to have intimate knowledge of international H&S legislation, but you must be capable of reactive research and understanding of legislative implementation. The requirements and responsibilities of the role will evolve and develop over time aligned to client requirements, offering a fantastic opportunity for personal development and growth.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support, competent advice and co-ordination for UK, Ireland and Nordics Health & Safety sites and stakeholders.
- Creation of operational policies and procedures, supporting the strategy to implement at an operational level.
- Support the creation of EHS standards, signage package, user guides, local and regional processes.
- Assisting with the mobilisation process for new sites, ensuring compliance and the client's good practice requirements are planned and implemented.
- To undertake and support major incidents, manage the claims management process and engagement with stakeholders aligned to client processes.
- Responding to client queries and managing ad hoc support questions and queries.
- End-to-end project management of health and safety management system related projects.
- Providing support as required to the wider Europe, Middle East and Africa local H&S contacts.
- Preparing and delivering to stakeholder's essential EHS information.
- Work collaboratively with the clients vendors to ensure effective service delivery, including significant engagement with the Facilities Management vendor.
- To assist and provide contingency for the continual delivery of the EHS advisor operational tasks.
- Project Manage the contractual service delivery.
- Line Management of the Health & Safety Advisor, including overseeing their development, quality and consistency of work
TECHNICAL AND CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Experience and Skills
- Minimum level 3 health and safety qualification, such as NEBOSH Certificate (NEBOSH diploma preferred)
- Tech IOSH working towards Grad IOSH
- 2+ years in a full time H&S roles with exposure to a broad spectrum of health and safety management systems
- Extensive UK H&S Legislation knowledge
- Exposure to a variety of safety and health risks
- Procedure, accident investigation and report writing experience
- Presenting information in person and via video/audio conferencing
- 4+ years in full time H&S roles with exposure to a broad spectrum of health and safety management systems
- Experience of H&S Legislation for Ireland and the Nordics countries
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.