Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Health & Safety Advisor
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
We are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to work embedded with one of our key clients, based in their London office.
The role will lead and maintain the client's health and safety management system and be the primary point of contact for health and safety competent advice, support and co-ordination for the UK, Ireland and Nordic Countries.
We are seeking someone who will join us in delivering best in class health and safety services to our client, we are looking for someone who was bold and capable of identifying areas for improvement, challenging the approach where required and proposing the solution.
You will not need to have intimate knowledge of international H&S legislation, but you must be capable of reactive research and understanding of legislative implementation, with a willingness to learn the legislative requirements for all countries under you're the roles responsibility.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing health and safety competent advice, support and co-ordination for UK, Ireland and Nordic Country offices.
- Ensure health, safety and fire regulatory compliance for all offices in the UK, Ireland and Nordic Country offices locations.
- Creation of operational policies and procedures, supporting the strategy to implement at an operational level.
- Support the creation of EHS standards, signage package, user guides, local and regional processes.
- Assisting with the mobilisation process for new sites, ensuring compliance and the client's good practice requirements are implemented.
- Undertaking accident an incident investigations, including managing the local regulatory reporting requirements.
- Manage the claims management process and engagement with stakeholders aligned to the client processes.
- Providing competent responses to client queries and managing ad hoc support questions, with consideration of legislative requirements, best practice and client health and safety standards.
- Preparing and delivering to stakeholder's essential EHS information, including data analysis and reports.
- End-to-end project management of health and safety management system development/enhancement related projects.
- Providing support as required to the wider Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) local H&S professionals.
- Work collaboratively with the clients vendors/contractors to ensure effective and seamless service delivery, including significant engagement with the Facilities Management vendor.
- To assist and provide contingency for the delivery of the Health & Safety Advisor operational tasks.
- Line Management of the Health & Safety Advisor
- Project Manage the contractual service delivery, including provision of reports and alignment to SLA's and KPI's as required.
TECHNICAL AND CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Experience and Skills
- Minimum level 3 health and safety qualification, such as NEBOSH Certificate, working towards level 6 health and safety qualification (Diploma)
- Tech IOSH minimum, working towards Grad IOSH
- Experience in a full time H&S role with exposure to a broad spectrum of health and safety management systems
- Extensive UK H&S Legislation knowledge
- Exposure to a variety of safety and health risks
- Procedure, accident investigation and report writing experience
- Presenting information in person and via video/audio conferencing
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.