Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Materials Engineer located in Richmond , CA California through 9/23/19 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Provides Materials Engineering consulting to inspectors, engineers, management, and operators. Provides consultation on materials selection, corrosion monitoring and control, remaining life assessment, and repair strategies.
• Actively works to maintain open and clear communication between Reliability group, Process and Design Engineering, Operations, and Project Services. Facilitates cooperation among technical groups to improve reliability.
• Participates in the planning and executing work plans for plant turnarounds and capital projects. Supports and updates plant corrosion/Damage Mechanism Reviews as part of the PHA process, Metallurgical Reviews, and Risk-Based Inspection plans. Develops and reviews technical specifications relating to materials and corrosion.
• Stewards corporate programs such as Wet H2S, Sulfidation, HTHA, and others. Ensure programs are accurate, up-to-date, and incorporated into the appropriate refinery equipment inspection plans.
Mentors inspectors, engineers, and others in materials technologies such as materials selection, welding and fabrication, and corrosion control.
• Supports Fitness for Service Assessments.
• Works with other Materials Engineers in Chevron System to develop common tools, processes, and decision making criteria. Also works with larger Corporate and industry community for training, obtaining technical information needed for consultation, and staying current with the state of the art knowledge that may have application at the Refinery site.
• Job necessitates driving on a routine basis
2+ years Complex Process Facilities or Refining Experience
Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree
Must be able to climb ladders, access internals of equipment, etc.
• Proven ability to occasionally respond to emergency calls and work long associated hours, especially during turnaround events, occasionally on an unplanned basis.
Domestic travel is required, roughly 5%, depending on assigned projects and experience level.
• Job necessitates driving on a routine basis
- Demonstrated strong fundamentals in Materials Engineering consultation technical knowledge; materials selection, corrosion monitoring and control, failure analysis, interpretation of inspection data, and mechanical design.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.