Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Fixed Equipment Integrity / RBI Engineer located in Richmond, Ca through 9/23/19 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide Fixed Equipment engineering consulting to inspectors, engineers, management, and operators including mechanical design, remaining life assessment, risk calculation, and repair strategies.
- Lead development of pressure vessel asset strategies for the facility, including the use of quantitative RBI.
- Participate in the planning and executing work plans for plant turnarounds and capital projects.
- Provide technical oversight and second level review of inspection findings and recommendations, asset strategy adjustments, and interpretation of inspection data.
- Work directly with Inspection team to help scope inspection, repair and replacement options to address fixed equipment inspection findings. Use CPDEP principles to assess alternatives and develop cost-effective solution.
- Perform routine fitness-for-service assessments. Act as liaison between FEI and Technical organization or ETC on more complex FFS assessments.
- Participate in failure analysis to determine root cause and help develop long-term solutions to prevent repeat failures. Identify and solve worst actors.
- Technical resource in analysis of data, damage mechanisms, process hazard analysis studies, and equipment/piping reliability plans (asset strategies). Assist as needed to analyze data, calculate corrosion rates, asses risk, and predict end of life for piping, pressure vessels and tanks.
- Revise/author Mechanical Integrity related Refinery Instructions and Inspection Procedures. Work collaboratively with Fixed Equipment Integrity, Maintenance and Reliability, Technical and Operations disciplines to implement and foster consistency in execution.
- Work collaboratively with FEI personnel from other Chevron refineries to drive consistency/standardization of Mechanical Integrity processes and procedures.
- Act as Fixed Equipment point of contact for various MFG/CPF wide standards reviews/implementation efforts.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of experience in Complex Process Facility Design and/or Reliability Engineering or equivalent, including design and repair of equipment.
- Proven ability to occasionally respond to emergency calls and work long associated hours, especially during turnaround events, occasionally on an unplanned basis.
- Demonstrated safe working habits consistent with an Incident and Injury Free culture.
- Proven ability to work in and around operating facilities, manufacturer and testing sites, with occasional climbing and internal equipment access.
- Domestic travel is required, roughly 5%, depending on assigned projects and experience level.
- Job necessitates driving on a routine basis.
- API 581 Quantitative RBI experience/certification.
- FFS Level 1 Qualification with demonstrated ability to perform Fitness-For-Service assessments.
- Working knowledge of damage mechanisms, material selection, inspection practices and repair techniques.
- Working knowledge of IMPACT and CPDEP work processes
- Demonstrated change and project management experience.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.