The I/E Electrician is responsible for configuration, installation, diagnosis and troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance, and overall proper function of the following: Electrical process control loops, Process control and data equipment, Analytical equipment, Electronic systems - motor controls and high voltage systems, computers, shutdown systems, warning systems, PLC's, telemetry, etc. and Electrical devices - flow, temperature, and pressures. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Conducting routine preventive maintenance and calibrations on electrical equipment and components
- Conducting troubleshooting and repairs of electrical equipment and components.
- Installing new electrical equipment and components.
- Notify Supervisor of repetitive electrical equipment issues.
- Complete preventive maintenance and calibrations on various electrical control system components and equipment
- Assist with maintaining safe and proper operation of test equipment and I&E workshop.
- Performs other work related duties as needed
- Complete other general maintenance and departmental objectives as required
- Read, understand and red line schematics and wiring diagrams
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits (4160 volts)
- Read, understand and red line wiring diagrams
- Working knowledge and understanding of the National Electric Code
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair UPS and auxiliary equipment
- Must have a working knowledge of P&IDs, electric schematics and technical manuals
- Operate and perform activities in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures
- Write repair work requests for routine and major maintenance that cannot be handled as part of normal operations using a CMMS [MAXIMO] also learn how to enter new equipment and all pertinent information into the CMMS
- Firm understanding Management of Change [MOC] process
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Have and maintain a valid driver license
- Excellent organization and communication skills are required, both written and oral
- Proficient in the use of computer systems including Microsoft Office and ability to learn proprietary software
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and react quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- High degree of attention to detail
- Must be willing to work overtime to meet business need including periodic weekends and evenings
- Working knowledge of the English language, with the ability to speak, read and write to convey information
- Ability to think critically and logically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Capable of converting verbal or written instructions into productive action
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time when given multiple tasks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call-outs as need to fulfill business objectives
- Apprentice or Journeyman electrician.
- Three year work experience in commercial electrical work
- Experience working within a hydrocarbon or chemical facility
- Being a self-starter, and ability to work with peers in collaborative efforts
- Be able to work with internal customers and complete jobs safely
- Willing to learn all areas of the facilities electrical lights, wiring and assist electricians
- Experience with a Computer based management system (SAP. Maximo)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.