Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck, Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an offshore A/Deck Operator with offshore experience in the oil and gas industry to join our deepwater team.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Operates, maintains and repairs all facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving
- Operates, monitors, tests, and maintains all process equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line
- Monitors the performance of personnel, wells and production equipment to maximize recovery; Calculates daily rates, complete well testing, and reports production information; Determines gravity of condensate and salinity of water and troubleshooting to deliver the maximum sales quality and quantity of gas, oil and/or condensate to sales line and to discharge produced water containing less than 29 ppm hydrocarbons overboard within the capabilities of the equipment
- Interprets gas meter charts and calculation of gas volume in accordance with AGA No.3 and liquid volume in accordance with ASTM standards from meter and production areas
- Responsible for safety and safety record keeping required by BSEE and USCG on such items as weekly/monthly safety meetings, emergency evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel briefing on emergency procedures, etc
- Operates, tests, maintains, repairs and record keeps required data on all safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
• 3-4 years of experience required in oil and gas production
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• 5+ years' experience in oil and gas production preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.