As a System Engineer, you will have technical responsibility for all aspects of system configuration design for the Production Enhancement CoE assets, including RLWI systems, Riser based intervention systems as well as fluid intervention systems. You will be responsible for development and design of system architecture in collaboration with BHGE systems and product design teams, customers, external partners and/or 3rd parties from early engagement through the full project life cycle to customer delivery.Essential Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for:
- Configuration of Lightwell Intervention and Fluid Intervention system architecture for FEED, tender or project execution business purposes.
- Delivery of the System design basis, product functional design specifications and system level schematics.
- Definition and control of the System master equipment list.
- Delivery of System documentation from master document register - including reports, data sheets, procedures, manuals.
- Technical support to equipment during mobilisation, operations offshore, demobilisation and maintenance.
- Definition and management of internal and external system interfaces i.e working with vessel supplier for equipment and operational interfaces
- Creation of and lead System design verification activities and technical assurance programs
- Assurance of compliance with the technical change control process.
- Comfortable with System flow assurance, hydrate management and thermal design to lead work scopes.
- Familiarity with 3rd party certification and regulatory compliance programs.
- Attend client and 3rd party meetings to define operational limits and ensure clarity in requirements and expectations
- Creation of System intervention, inspection, maintenance and repair strategy.
- Development of System Integrating testing program.
- Technical risk management including HAZOP & HAZID.
- Reliability management (knowledge of RAM analysis, FMECA or Functional Safety engineering would be beneficial).
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other members of the department to ensure adequate continuity and professional development
- Understanding of regulatory bodies to implement design guidelines relevant to Production Enhancement solutions (e.g BSEE, OGA, NOPSEMA, ICOTA, API)
To perform this role, you will have:
- Bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited university or college
- Working product knowledge, operational and/or service support of Subsea Intervention equipment including subsea Riserless Lightwell Intervention systems, Riser Based intervention systems as well as Fluid Stimulation systems.
- Experience in planning, program generation and execution of well intervention offshore operations and/or preparation of equipment for subsea deployment.
- Project execution experience within an engineering environment.
- Effective team working and analytical skills.
- Proficient interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- The ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
Ideally you will also have:
- Ability to effectively deliver results in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Experience of offshore operations and/or preparation of equipment for deployment
- Practical working knowledge of Subsea systems engineering life cycle
- Implement Systems Engineering principles and processes
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more