Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shah Alam, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Performs accounting activities within one of the\r\ncompany's (regional) Shared Service Centers, which involves compilation,\r\nconsolidation and analysis of financial data for multiple operations.\r\nResponsibilities may include: ledgers and preparation of journal entries, fixed\r\nasset or inventory accounting, preparation of financial statements, cost\r\naccounting, intercompany transactions, bank account reconciliation and tax\r\ncompliancy
- Applies well-established accounting principles and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions
- Review, analyze and prepare monthly journal entries for month end close, including expense accruals, amortizations, cost allocations and any others that may be required
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations and provide explanation for any unusual balances
- Prepare monthly intercompany invoices and review/analyze intercompany transactions to ensure they are properly accounted for
- Prepare or significantly contribute to preparation of a variety of periodic reports such as Flash reports, CAPEX reports, cost reports, balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, cash flow forecasts and application of funds
- Prepares appropriate commentary or explanations relating to report items of particular interest or significance; may use some judgment as to what is of interest. Conducts any pertinent investigation of the accounts involved
- Degree in Accounting/Finalist\r\n Professional Accountancy.
- Good verbal and written knowledge\r\n of English and local language
- Proficiency in Chinese language\r\n as added advantage
- Ability to perform basic\r\n mathematical calculations (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide using\r\n whole numbers, common fractions and decimals)
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows,\r\n Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic typing skills
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.