Skills: Plant Operations Engineer, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The position has the responsibility and accountability for the following aspects of SMP's business at the Viana manufacturing facility: Safety, Quality, Operational Performance, Personnel Development, and General Facilities Management. In addition the Plant Manager will work closely with the General Manager to develop Annual Budgets / Manage the P&L and lead Business Development efforts. It requires the ability to lead a high-performance technical organization, to work well with matrixed support organizations, to organize for effective and efficient execution, and to ensure outstanding overall performance. This position also requires a demonstrated ability to lead successful manufacturing / production activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Oceaneering's entry and growth in subsea products manufacturing for the Angola market
- Lead SMP's Viana site HSE awareness and risk management including Oceaneering's Life Saving Rules
- Successfully execute long term strategic plan and continued profitable growth
- Successfully execute annual business plan
- Manage SMP Angola's P&L performance
- Work with General Manager to determine capital investment needs and expansion strategies
- Maintain top standards for technical and business performance
- Pursue One Oceaneering and Integrated Solutions approach for business in the Angola market
- Ensure the continued strength of Oceaneering's culture and core values; hold employees accountable for commitments
- Ensure Angola business risk is understood and managed at all times
- Actively support Continuous Improvement efforts to ensure that business, technical, and quality standards and practices remain highly competitive and excellence-driven
- Work with General Manager to lead SMP Angola for Sales and Marketing and Bids and Proposals interfaces and relationships with Angola market customers
- Work closely with customers to ensure a positive buying and services experience and trusted partner relationships
- Lead critical lessons learned activities to ensure continuous improvement
- Lead by example and mentor employees - assist, encourage, and promote their development and growth within the company. Provide training and advice, and conduct and support internal training courses. Help ensure a positive work environment and experience for all employees. Conduct performance reviews, communicate with staff, conduct staff meetings, help coordinate business and personal priorities, advocate promotions where appropriate, and encourage a team philosophy that invites active, broad participation.
- Be responsible for administration and execution of company policies and procedures
- Interface with SMP and OII executive management as required/requested
- Assist General Manager to represent SMP Angola for interfacing with Angola country management, global functional support, and administration teams
- Business travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibility and will carry out those responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Reports to the General Manager of Subsea Manufactured Products Angola
- Significant years experience in the oil and gas industry including extensive experience in offshore operations and services, manufacturing, completion hardware and production controls
- Project Management experience and/or training to include significant experience in the management of large product builds
- Prior experience in leadership and personnel management
- Proven business acumen and P&L experience
- Proven ability to lead successful marketing, sales and negotiation activities
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas for international travel
- BS in Engineering
- MBA a plus
- Direct offshore / oilfield operational experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Sound decision making skills
- Ability to think strategically while energizing and aligning people to achieve a vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the organization and clients
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.