Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: BRISTOL, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Oil Field Equipment business is embarking on a major transformation of its PLM/PDM processes and tools, globally across all sites and product lines.
The PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) Process Leader will be part of a PLM Transformation Team, who lead the design & development of PLM processes, functional capability requirements & specifications; and facilitate organisational change management activities and communications for the PLM System.
The role is also responsible for developing the benefits case, business metrics, system performance metrics, and end user training programmes. The role will work in collaboration with the Digital Technology Team (System Architecture & Build and Programme Management (PMO)) to ensure that the PLM functional design is delivered as per business requirements.
In this role activities range from medium to very high complexity and involve all areas of PLM system lifecycle, from identifying the needs through to stabilization.
• Lead his/her team working in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team globally across all Oil Field Equipment Product Lines to develop the functional capability strategy and process roadmaps for PLM/PDM. He/She will be responsible for implementing the strategy and roadmaps to bring about significant business impact and competitive advantage.
• Working with the Digital Technology Team, lead the architecture & development of PLM processes; functional capability requirements & specifications across a number of functionalities including but not limited to commercial, product structuring/configuration, bill of material structure & management, configuration & integrated change management, document management, requirements management, supplier and services collaboration, integration with ERP, CRM, Manufacturing Systems, and Project Planning.
• Interface with PLM resources globally for synergies and best practices sharing/ benchmarking.
• Develop the benefits case, business metrics, system performance metrics, and end user training programmes.
• Be responsible for capturing and formalising goals & requirements for the future state system; and converting requirements into detailed functional specifications.
• Work with process/functional owners, experts, PLM Solution Architects and business stakeholders within and outside engineering to develop the future state. Other functions comprise global commercial, quality, planning, sourcing, materials management and manufacturing.
• Document / Model 'as-is' & 'to-be' processes and data structures, aligning the processes across multiple sites, using formal business process modelling methodologies and tools.
• Analyse 'as-is' state, identifying metrics to quantify 'as-is' state, collecting and consolidating inputs for business benefits.
• Develop the functional/process transformation roadmap for migrating from the existing PLM/PDM system/s to the new system.
• Work closely with business leaders and process owners to facilitate the Organisational Change and manage related communications. Act as a change agent for business processes.
• Effectively communicate on a regular basis vertically and horizontally in the organisation PLM Functional / Process transformation progress demonstrating accountability for functional and business objectives. Coordinate with all functions to communize and integrate processes & IT systems.
• Work with the Quality function to maximize PLM benefits in the Quality Management System.
• Collaborate with system provider to incorporate system improvements in out of the box software.
• Coordinate and execute user acceptance tests for PLM system.
• Develop training materials and rollout sessions for the PLM system at different sites
• Provide, assess, and, if necessary, optimize PLM System processes, supervising changes during Project Execution.
• Monitor PLM system performance and drive continuous improvement
• Stay current with enabling technologies and work as a partner to promote their use
• Participate in the preparation of long-range systems plans and assure that they are in concert with business objectives and goals
• Support the annual budgeting sessions.
• Bachelor's Degree in any of the following:
• Business Studies
• Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
Strong understanding of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems with significant years of experience working on enterprise level PLM/PDM application implementations.
• Strong background and functional experience in Commercial, Engineering and/or Manufacturing functions.
• Knowledge of engineering processes related to product definition, BOM structuring, variant configuration, requirements management, CAD data management, enterprise change management, NPI programs, Inquiry to Order & Order to Requisition activities, and service life cycle solutions.
• Proven experience in Business Process Analysis and Improvement and the use of Business Process Modelling methodologies and software tools.
• Good English communication skills (written and verbal), analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to work in cross functional team environment
• Demonstrated work in Matrix Organizations
• Must possess strong proficiency in MS-Office 2010+ packages.
• Be willing to travel.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
• Clear thinker with ability to develop, communicate, and deliver clear strategy and action plans.
• Initiative and perseverance.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov
• Advanced degree / MBA in Business Studies.
• Hands on proficiency in use of PLM/PDM and integrated applications.
• Experience implementing multi-generational, global Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software platforms and their relationship / value proposition to overall enterprise or organization.
• Proven leadership skill in both business planning and execution.
• Black Belt Six Sigma certified or able to use Six Sigma and Lean tools and techniques to drive change.
• Proactive responsible individual, with the ability to set own action plans.
• Visible energy in proposing and driving changes at different levels of the organisation.
• Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are transferred in robust improvement and simplification programs.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more