Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs diesel engines and HAZMAT tankers.
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs on transport trucks, trailers and pickups.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
- Ensure proper D.O.T., state inspection and insurance papers are included in the cab data book.
- May operate fork lift and/or service truck.
- Familiar with all safety procedures for working with electricity, engines, compressors and material safety data sheets for related materials.
- May work in proximity to significant hazards (H2S, chemicals, high voltage, elevated heights, volatile liquids, etc.), which require safety accommodations and/or procedures.
- Knows safety basics, practice workplace safety, complete repair orders, serve on-call duty, operate winch truck, fork lift and service truck.
- Works under direct and indirect supervision.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Demonstrate a positive impact by promoting safety in decisions and actions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Basic to Intermediate mechanical aptitude and familiarity with diesel and gasoline engines, electronics and testing equipment.
- Basic math skills required to take measurements, change speedometers, read manuals and perform service work.
- Applicable safety training, licenses and certifications.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class C Driver's driver's license to operate company pickup trucks; a CDL license is preferred.
- Must have own tools (Tool Allowance provided).
- Successfully pass pre-employment background check (including MVR) and drug testing.