Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our Client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Junior Vendor Analyst for a 1 year contract in Calgary, AB.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
The Vendor Analyst position is a key role within the Commercial Office and provides support to Vendor Specialists in the creation of successful, measurable and sustainable business outcomes with valued vendors, while mitigating risk.
The Vendor Analyst is responsible for assisting in the selection and monitoring of vendor performance based on the company's strategy and overall sourcing policies. This position measures and analyzes the performance metrics delivered by IS vendors to ensure quality and cost-effective vendor services. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a $50MM software portfolio, vendor billing, reporting and other administrative responsibilities that ensure vendor services don't disrupt the company's business functions.
• Ensure IS vendors deliver according to commitments and contracts; oversee vendor compliance and performance management, including analysis of cost and quality
• Report on vendor compliance and performance based on established SLAs; manage vendor scorecards and dashboards for operations and management
• Create and maintain price benchmarks to drive the best price from vendors
• Work with the Enterprise Architects to ensure that any contract change is compatible with the agreed architecture standards and policies
• Supports annual appraisal of contracts, in collaboration with service managers to ensure continued value
• Work collaboratively with other IS teams to validate software usage and metrics
• Experience with creating and streamlining software renewal workflows
• Creating and updating monthly management reports, financial tracking of progress against budget and planning
• Assist with contract schedule development, negotiations, changes, reviews, and terminations
• Maintain an in-house developed tool (Vendor Relationship management) on the SalesForce platform for data accuracy and vendor support continuity
• Previous experience understanding and maintaining financial forecast, budgets, and long range plans
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• 2 - 4 years experience in similar role
• Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft systems (Excel, WORD, PowerPoint, etc.); MS Projects an asset.
• Experience working with Contract Terms & Conditions
• Proven ability to effectively communicate between organizational groups & levels; as well as strong abilities in understanding work environment within a large enterprise and navigate potential political barriers
• Strong ability to make good decisions regarding complex issues with limited information
• Excellent customer and vendor relationship and organizational skills
• Excellent customer relations while dealing with vendors, accounts payable and management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong communication skills with confirmation of understandings & commitments
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.