Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Montrose, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Under general supervision, oversees the installation of a wide range of SmartWell® completion products required in the region.
- Works closely with engineering, applications engineering and service coordinators to prepare, review or approve comprehensive deployment and testing procedures for execution.
- Typically acts as job site lead and may supervise up to eight (8) employees while performing the same work.
- Acts as Halliburton-WellDynamics representative on location and promotes good customer relations at the well site to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs system integration and/or other tests required by engineering or the customer which require in-depth knowledge of system characteristics, operation and performance. Assists in reviewing the job design and confirms that the job packet includes the proper equipment and processes to achieve the job purpose.
- Applies technical knowledge and skills to facilitate or troubleshoot operations regarding software, electrical interfaces, communications or completion techniques to solve unanticipated situations.
- Takes responsibility for commissioning and testing or specialized deployment of SmartWell® completion equipment.
- Chairs pre- and post-job equipment and service activities.
- Oversees the maintenance of service equipment and ensures compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Interacts with third parties whose activities could impact the installation process.
- Trains service operators and/or service specialists in areas of expertise.
- Conducts and documents all Halliburton HSE related activities at the well site including site assessments, risk analysis, safety huddles and meetings, selection and use of PPE, etc.
- Oversees the completion of all well site and post-job paperwork.
- Job role directly impacts quality of service through personal contributions.
- Consequences of error are normally detectable and are often recoverable.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable HSE procedures and regulations.
- Promotes and takes an active part in the quality improvement process.
- Demonstrates customer service, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Develops his/her knowledge and skills to be able to run the most complex in his/her geographic area, and/or a broader range of Smartwell® and HCT offerings under the most challenging conditions.
- Develops mentoring and competency assessor skills.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
N. Esk Facility, Montrose, Angus, DD10 9ET, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 79812
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.